Tuesday, November 25, 2014

LAB SERIES & CLINIQUE

Hey guys I am finally back after a few decades missing I have finally found my way back! LOL Just kidding, sorry guys I was really busy this month, especially with assessments, quizzes and exams. I want to formally apologize first before I start the actual post, so I am sorry for the absence in the past few weeks, I hope you guys forgive me and I want to start blogging (hopefully vlog as well) once again (be more active)!

Okay, that was pretty awkward and some of the sentence didn't really make sense (LOL), but oh well. Anyway, as the title of today's post say today I am gonna post about one of the best selling product of LAB SERIES and the most common product of CLINIQUE. Unfortunately the 2 products that I will be discussing/reviewing/complaining about are not available in Indonesia (yet).

LAB SERIES BB Tinted Moisturizer SPF 35 (4.5/5.0)



I absolutely love this product! This product is perfect for daily usage, it is very light and functions very well. This is actually a men's version of BB Cream by LAB SERIES that is not tinted and blends well with all skin tone (supposedly yes, it does blend with mine). BB Cream in general is used to even-out skin tone and gives the skin a light moisturizer and sunblock. BB Cream also gives a concealer like feel, since it does conceal some blemishes.

I personally think this is perfect for guys who are embarrassed to admit that they care about their skin and guys who seeks practicality in daily skin care. I say this because I am the combination of both, because in my culture (the Indonesian) guys tend to not care about their skin and I am also quite a busy/lazy/sucks at managing time kind of person so this is perfect for me.



This product is very easy to use, just squeeze the bottle gently and a creamy-liquid substance will come out and it will look like that (the picture with my hand). After that just apply some on your face. NEVER USE SPREAD IT LIKE A BUTTER ON A TOAST, TAP ON THE FACE UNTIL IT SPREADS EVENLY, or use a sponge to spread on the face (still with a tapping method). Also don't apply too much since the excess will make the face oily especially for the oily skin type, since this is also a moisturizer.

I usually use this product if I have special occasions to even-out my skin tone and cover blemishes. This product is very effective in evening-out skin tone, while on the other hand covering blemishes may need more than one layer of cream. The fact this product is a sunblock also makes it very perfect for guys who has a lot of activities in the morning and afternoon. The practicality of this product comes in as the moisturizer, so as soon as you wash your face, just use your toner and then apply this BB Cream gently and lightly on your face.

Overall this product is perfect for me because it is basically simple and practical. Remember that BB Cream is considered 'make-up' so remove the BB Cream after a long day and then wash your face. The price is quite expensive, I actually ask my friend to buy it for me in Singapore (it is available in Singapore) and I think it costs around $50.00, but I have estimated if this product does become available in Indonesia it will cost around Rp 800,000. Other LAB SERIES products are available at SOGO Plaza Senayan in Jakarta, Indonesia.

CLINIQUE Men Anti-Fatigue Cooling Eye Gel (4.0/5.0)



This product is from CLINIQUE Men and this product I think it's quite average. This product is focused for men on-the-go or the busy/lazy/slackers kind of men, which once again is similar to me. Since I think this is similar to an 'eye cream' that has a cooling effect so I think this is perfect for guys who has a tendency to sleep late, wake up early and always have their eyes on the computer screen for no reason (work, social life or others that I am not concerned of).

This is my travelling buddy since it does give a fresh feel on the eye and eventually if we feel fresh we should look fresh (I think so LOL). We often fell asleep on the plane and we are awaken by an ugly and puffy eyes, but by using this product it does relieves some of the puffiness (this sounds very commercial but it's my personal opinion). Aside from that this product is also very handy.


This product is in the form of a tube and it has a roll-like lid (kind of like deodorant) that may exerts some of the content while we can easily apply it on our eyes. A lot of websites (reviews) say that the roll-like lid is very disturbing but I actually found it very useful and practical. This roll-like lid makes the product usable in every situation.

The product itself is actually in a liquid form that is quite thick but not as thick as cream. It is in a clear transparent color that doesn't really look like anything if we apply on our eyes. This is a plus since the transparent color actually allows us to use the 'eye cream' without anyone knowing it.

The big plus of this product is actually the cooling effect that it gives. The cooling effect is actually there (for me, because some people say that this product doesn't really help) and it does reduce the tiredness of the eyes. I personally think that this product is quite useless if our eyes are already really tired, because the best cure is actually sleep. This product is suppose to eliminate dark circles but I really don't see it because I do not really have dark circles and I do not use this product on a daily basis. This product is indeed fast in absorbing in the skin and this is very big plus for me.

Overall this product is average and I think this product is not a compulsory to have. This product is very helpful for travelling and late-night work. The price for this product is quite average, I bough this in Hong Kong for HK$ 300.00 which is around Rp 400,000 or more. Sadly this product is not available yet in Indonesia, but other CLINIQUE Men products are available in most SOGO department stores. 

Okay that is it for today's post and I hope all of you find today's post interesting or useful somehow. Thank you very much for reading until this point and I hope all of you are interested in keeping update with my blog. Have a great day everyone!

Make sure to check my Instagram and Youtube Channel 

No comments:

Post a Comment