Sunday, October 19, 2014

BIRTHDAY IDEAS: EDOGIN - HOTEL MULIA

Food is always the right answer for everything, so it is always best to celebrate special days (birthdays, anniversaries or any other) with special food also. You can never go wrong with spending your money on food, price equals quality, right? Anyway, if you guys are having any special day coming or probably you're visiting Jakarta make sure to check out Edogin at Hotel Mulia. Especially if you love Japanese food!


Edogin

Edogin is a Japanese restaurant that is located on the lower ground level of the Hotel Mulia. Hotel Mulia is located on Jl. Asia Afrika Senayan Jakarta, Mulia is very famous for their five-star service and food. All of the restaurants in Mulia are top restaurants which serves the best quality of food and the most delightful taste.

Edogin is one of those restaurants that is located inside Mulia, this makes Edogin one of the best Japanese restaurants in Jakarta, Indonesia. Edogin is considered a five-star restaurant so be prepared to spend a bit more than you usually do if you are planning to visit and make sure you are not wearing sandals on the day of the visit (Mulia Jakarta's policy).

Edogin is actually more to a Teppanyaki restaurant than a normal Japanese Ala-carte restaurant. Aside from serving Teppanyaki, Edogin also serves a variety of Japanese Buffet. Edogin is an All You Can Eat restaurant so you will automatically be satisfied and go home with a really full and happy stomach.


My visit to Edogin was actually to celebrate my Mom's birthday last week (literally last week, 12th of October). I actually had eaten in Edogin when I was small, but I of course I did not remember it. Surprisingly the place feels and looks a bit familiar for me, as if I have been there before. 


Edogin has a really warm and luxurious/fancy feel in the restaurant and plus the very nice Japanese Oriental theme makes it way better for the best dining experience. I personally love Japanese themed interiors. Edogin also speaks a bit of Modern Japanese interiors which is really interesting and beautiful.


Now moving on to the food, the food was absolutely amazing, starting from the assorted FRESH sushi and sashimi, all the deep fried tempura and even the desserts (which includes, mousse, pudding, jelly, fruits and even pastry). The main attraction was of course the Teppanyaki, Edogin has a lot to offer to you guys, starting from tenderloin, ribs, chicken, seafood, salmon, tuna, dory, vegetables and even rice (the rice will be cooked in a Teppanyaki style, kind of like a fried rice). I personally think the Teppanyaki is way better than the assorted Japanese buffet.

Assorted Sashimi

Assorted Sushi Rolls

Assorted Nigiri Sushi

Assorted Deep-fried Tempura

Assorted Mousse (Desserts)

Squid, Onion and Short Ribs Teppanyaki

My culinary adventure did not stop there, my mom requested a Banana Flambe which they will make in front of us! I was really excited in seeing the process and of course tasting it later on. The process was really fun and thrilling. The taste was so delightful! I literally became the happiest boy on earth after getting the FIRST bite, not the whole thing! It was really delicious and you can really taste the banana, the ice cream and the brandy, it was literally the best for me.




Another thing that was really fun was the Lychee Ice Tea that my mom ordered. The Lychee Ice Tea was really good and sweet (I love sweet food). What makes the Lychee Ice Tea so special was they blended the Lychee and served it in this very big glass!

Lychee Ice Tea

Overall I would definitely rate Edogin a five out of five (5/5) and the price for this really good food, service and ambiance is really worth the price. The cost for the four of us (me, my mom, my sister and my dad) was around 2 million rupiah. Another thing that need acknowledgement is their service, super nice waiters and chefs, like they are literally very friendly and full of smiles! This wraps up today's post and sorry for the really long post but I hope you guys find this useful and comment down below about Edogin. Thank you guys for reading this post! Have a great day!

Five-Star Service!

Make sure to check out my other social media!

2 comments:

  1. I fondly remember that my friend told me that hotel Mulia is the place to be if you can want to spend your birthday or any other event in a memorable way. I shifted here to SF and simply couldn’t find any good San Francisco restaurants which are of that standard and quality for same price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with your friend here, hotel Mulia's food is just amazing, not only for this specific restaurant (not being biased here), even the buffet is really good. I do not know about that since I have never been to San Francisco, but probably Asian cuisines are not their specialty despite the fact that there are many Asians there in San Francisco (well that's what my friend said to me)

      Delete