Sunday, March 15, 2015

LOCALE 24 - Pantai Indah Kapuk [PIK]

Hey guys! Yes I am finally back after weeks of being absent. In my absence, I prepared quite a lot of posts and a couple of videos for my Youtube Channel. One of the main factor of my absence was actually because of school. School had been very tiring and stressful, so that limits my access to blog/vlog. Anyways I did a Vlog last time in Youtube (which you guys can see here) about my trip to PIK (on February) and I did promise you guys to post the details of the places I visited so yeah here it is.

I did a review about this restaurant already and I do feel that this place is quite popular already, but I am starting to have different view about this restaurant. I didn't take pictures of the exterior, as I did take some pictures already in the previous Locale 24 post (which you guys can see here) so in today's post I am just gonna focus on the food and the price aspect.

Locale 24 Diner and Bar

First things first was of course the food, starting with the food that I ordered. It was the  Honey Pepper Chicken & Shrimp. Why did I order this? It is because I like to try something different and new, since this was my third visit in this restaurant. I was excited to try it out because it was one of the chef's recommendation. 

The food gave me a bad impression at first, because it was literally the last dish to enter our table. I shared it with my friend, despite the unsatisfying portion. I shared because honestly I wasn't that hungry that time.


Honey Pepper Chicken and Steak [3.5/5.0]
Rp 62,000++



Honestly speaking the dish was good and it was cook to perfection, but I do feel like it is lacking something. I really like the fact that they served it with potatoes and vegetables which lift up the dish. They also served a bit of macaroni and cheese on a small plate on the sides. I do recommend this dish if you guys are in seek of something light and healthy, but I also feel like this isn't really Locale's best dish, so I do recommend you guys try some other dishes first.

The next food is an all time favorite comfort food in America, Macaroni and Cheese. I do say they have one of the best Macaroni and Cheese here and the price is indeed very affordable. It was not a chef's recommendation, but I do feel that for something that good with a price that friendly surely made me and my friends smile that day. 


Macaroni and Cheese [4.5/5.0]
Rp 38,000++



I love the fact that they served it with an oversize cup (which acts as a bowl) it is juts very cute and gave that childish feel that suits the whole theme of the dish. I do feel that the Chicken Strips weren't really that necessary, but it added quite a wonderful taste to the overall dish. This dish in my opinion is just simple and delicious. It was also the first dish to arrive on our table, so it surely made everyone smile. I do feel that the macaroni lacks cheese and might taste quite common for some, but I do suggest you guys to try it out as it is a good option for an affordable lunch.

The next dish is quite similar to the previous one as it is another American all time favorite dish, Beef Burger, Served with french fries, cheese, eggs and a small plate of Macaroni and Cheese this dish was surely one of the best dish that I tried. 


Beef Burger [4.0/5.0]
Rp 62,000++



What I love about this burger is that it is served with a variety of side dish which really pleased me, because it delivers a variety of flavor in each bite. The Macaroni and Cheese here is served with a similar method as the first dish, but aside from that the serving formation was common to every other burger in restaurants. This was also not a part of the chef's recommendation and I feel that this dish do need to improve a bit more on their meat quality and bread quality. Overall I do recommend you guys to try this out, especially if you guys are seeking for an affordable yet fulfilling burger meal (In my opinion I do feel that burgers from burger's joints are way better). 

The next dish is one of my favorite dish this restaurant offers, it is the Fish and Chips. It is absolutely delicious in my opinion, it is seasoned to perfection and the texture of the fish was amazing, fluffy and it simply melts in your mouth. 


Fish and Chips [5.0/5.0]
Rp 62,000++


I am honestly surprised that this dish wasn't one of the chef's recommendation. It was served simply with french fries and tartar sauce that was just fresh and a perfect complementary sauce for Fish and Chips. This was not my first time eating the Fish and Chips here, but the previous one I had was somehow better in a sense that the fish was cooked to a better state rather than this one which was a bit burnt. The only part that saddens me is the small portion. I highly recommend this dish to all of you guys as it is one my all tine favorite dishes.

The last dish that I tried was the Country Fried Steak Yee-Haw! and yes the 'Yee-Haw' part is the actual name of the dish. This dish in my opinion is very common and average, but I am saying this because I was never a big fan of Country Fried Steak so yeah. I'm not trying to be biased here so I do say it was quite good and I feel that crispiness was perfect for a Country Fried Steak and it was simply served with Cream Spinach and French Fries.


Country Fried Steak Yee-Haw! [4.0/5.0]
Rp 62,000++


Surprisingly this was one of the chef's recommendation as I do feel that this dish is quite average, not being biased because I feel that some places has better country fried steak. A part of the dish that was really good was the cream spinach as it was a good complementary to a dish like this. The spinach gave a fresh and lighter feel to the overall dish. I do recommend this to all of you guys there if you are a fan of Country Fried Steak. 

That is it guys for today's post and I do thank all of you for reading this post until this point. I would personally like to thank all of my friends for making this trip a success. Thank you guys once again and have an awesome day!


"A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patient, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeable." - William Penn

Make sure to check out my other social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment