Tuesday, June 30, 2015

BIRTHDAY IDEAS: KATSURA - PLAZA SENAYAN

Hello guys! Ever wonder where to celebrate your birthday or probably just a big event in your life? You want something fancy, delicious but yet not over the top and of course you still want to impress your friends with your financial ability (don't we all, don't lie about this - well at times I have to agree that I do lol). A five-star hotel dinner is also good but quite a bit mainstream don't you think so? Personal experience of mine is that I went to my friend's birthday at Ritz Calton but then turns out there were two other people who are celebrating on the same day and time, if you are okay with than then it's okay. If you are the type of person who wants a bit more privacy, luxury and of course delicious food Katsura is an excellent place for it! (not sponsored here)


Located in one of the oldest yet luxurious malls in Jakarta, Plaza Senayan, finding the Katsura is not a challenge. But for those who rarely visit Plaza Senayan, Katsura is quite difficult to locate because it is located on the 4th floor (the extension area) and it is placed at the back corner of the mall, quite an isolated area but really good for privacy I must say.

From the name itself I am sure you guys are all aware that they serve Japanese food and it is classified as Fine Dining. Unfortunately I didn't take any picture of the interior, due to the dark lighting available there, but I ensure you Katsura is just simply beautiful (with a hint of luxury) interior-wise.

I did mention "impress friends with financial ability" meaning that this place is indeed on the pricey side for a restaurant. I am mentioning this before the actual review so that you guys are not surprised later on. Eating here might cost quite similar to eating a buffet at a five star hotel, which is around Rp 500,000 to Rp 1,000,000 per person (depending on the type of food ordered and the amount itself). So I highly recommend you guys to prepare in spending a lot of money if you are ever wanting to treat your friends here.

Let's just get on to the dishes shall we?


Salmon Sashimi [4.5/5.0]
Rp 138,000 ++



It is a mandatory to order Salmon Sashimi in a Japanese Restaurant (especially in a good one). Some might not fancy raw fish, but for those who do the one in Katsura is definitely a must-try! You might wonder what's the difference between raw salmon in restaurant A and B, well there's actually not much difference but the style of cut/slice and the freshness of it differs in each restaurant (supposedly yes, according to my passive observation that is) and the one here is just simply amazing, in my opinion.

I did mention before about the price and I must say this Salmon Sashimi is one hella expensive plate of raw fish. But yeah in my opinion it is worth the price (and of course you also pay for the luxurious ambiance there). I do not really recommend this, because some Japanese restaurant also serves Salmon Sashimi at a similar quality but at a lower price, so I highly suggest you guys some of the other dishes (which will be stated later). But if you are up for it then just go ahead!


Salmon Salad [5.0/5.0]
Rp 208,000 ++



Not the type of dish that is really visually appealing, but a lot of wonderful food are not visually appealing and same goes for this plate of heaven. I am missing the flavor of it already. This Salmon Salad is just simply amazing, a classic mixture of Romaine Lettuce with a touch of the homemade Japanese dressing that is just so fresh and light. I have to say the highlight of this dish is definitely the Salmon, served in two types of cooking, raw and grilled, the Salmon is just a perfect combination that simply melts in your mouth.

I have to say not a lot of restaurant can really pull-off a delicious Salmon Salad and the one here just exceeds my expectations. Portion-wise it was really big, I shared it with my Dad and my sister. Taste-wise to die for and just simply heavenly. Health-wise good I must say, since it is categorized as salad (LOL). Price-wise? Worth every penny. Highly recommend this to you all out there!


Foie Gras Sushi [5.0/5.0]
Rp 218,000 ++



I am a big fan of Foie Gras, so this one might be really biased (just saying). I am just in love with this one here, first things first, one expensive plate of sushi! But definitely worth the price if you ask me. The Foie Gras here is served in a chopped kind of style that is of course cooked (in a satuee kind of style I guess), served with sushi rice and wrapped in seaweed. Topped of with spring onions and a hint of sauce that is just a heavenly mixture.

I literally savored each second of eating this wonderful dish. Because it is simply a mixture of my favorite dishes Foie Gras and sushi. I have a feeling people who reads this section will feel very icky towards my Foie Gras obsession, because I am very biased I guess lol. Anyways if you guys fancy Foie Gras and Japanese food, this is a really good mixture of it and yes I do recommend this dish for you all! Not the best tasting Foie Gras but definitely a good one.


Gindara Teriyaki [3.5/5.0]
Rp 268,000 ++ (Ala-Carte) or Rp 298,000 ++ (Lunch Menu Set)



The dish actually looks so much better in real life and my photography skills just suck so bad. Anyway we did ate in Katsura for lunch so my sister did order the Gindara Teriyaki Lunch Set, which costs around Rp 298,000 (I think so, didn't note down the actual price) and by adding like Rp 20,000 she got Rice, Miso Soup, Chawanmushi, Mashed Potato and Pickled Radish, which is of course a really good deal. So if you are ever wanting to treat your friends, lunch time is always the best timing to do so.

Moving on to the taste of the Gindara Teriyaki, it is actually quite decent I must say. Quite unfortunate also that they pour all the sauce on the fish, some people (including my sister) prefers the sauce to be separated. What I really like is actually the soft texture that just melts unlike any other Gindara Teriyaki. Aside from that this dish is quite decent and the overall taste is indeed achievable in some other restaurants (for a more desirable price also). A good dish but not Katsura's best dish.


Wagyu Hamburg Steak [4.0/5.0]
Rp 298,000 (Lunch Set)

Wagyu Teriyaki Hambur Steak with Foie Gras 
Rp 268,000 (Ala Carte)



Removing the Foie Gras for Miso Soup, Chawanmushi, Rice, Mashed Potato and Pickled Radish is indeed a smart choice for Lunch Set kind of menu, since it is more economical and fulfilling. I was a bit sad for doing this that day, but I did ate Foie Gras sushi already so got over my sadness quite fast. Anyway I didn't try the one with Foie Gras so didn't rate the dish.

Moving on to the actual taste of the dish, it was simply delicious I must say. Quite dry though, but they do serve it with separated Teriyaki Sauce (don't know why they did this but not to the Gindara), but aside from that it is delicious and fulfilling. Quite a decent dish, but texture-wise and taste-wise definitely delicious and it is Wagyu so it is really soft. I recommend this dish to people who likes Japanese Style Steak and it is indeed worth the price I must say.

The side dishes? They were just beautiful, in every aspect I must say. They are visually attractive, delicious, especially the Chawanmushi and the Mashed Potato, and of course fulfilling and just a perfect complementary to the actual dish. I just wanna give a special highlight to the Chawanmushi because it is just heavenly and I highly recommend this to you all.

What did my dad order? He ordered the Chicken Teriyaki Lunch Set which approximately cost Rp 298,000 ++ and it was delicious also. A good texture on the chicken not too hard but not too soft also and just simply delicious. I am giving it a 4 out of 5, because it is quite decent, especially for Japanese restaurants to serve Chicken Teriyaki, but the Teriyaki Sauce in Katsure is just on point! Sorry I did not take any picture of this dish.


Matcha Roll Cake [5.0/5.0]
Rp 78,000++


Who wants desserts? I do. This Matcha Roll Cake is just beautiful I must say. Served with Matcha flavored Ice Cream and Sweet Red Bean Sauce (on the white egg-holder like bowl). The combination is just heavenly. Unfortunately this might taste a bit too sweet for some people, but aside from that this plate of dessert is just perfect! Japanese people do have a sweet-tooth so please do bear with it if you are eating Japanese desserts. I highly recommend this dish to you all, because it is just a perfect way to complete the Katsura experience.

Sadly guys that is it for my visit to Katsura, I did wish that I ordered more but I feel bad for my wallet, so yeah. In total the three of us spent around Rp 1,9 million eating in Katsura and that is equivalent to eating in Hotel Mulia's Edogin. I did enjoy my visit because the staff were also really nice and attentive, the chef did even come to our table to offer their daily specialty (which was this big Crab from Hokkaid and some other fresh catch) and this is actually what makes it different than a simple Hotel buffet.

That is it guys for today's post and I do hope you guys find this information useful! Thank you for reading up to this point and I do hope you all have a great day! Comment down below if you have ever visited Katsura and also state your impression about it.

Make sure to check out my other social media!

Instagram and Youtube

Katsura

Plaza Senayan Lt. 4 Unit CP 406
Jl. Asia Afrika No.8, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10270
(021) 5725226

No comments:

Post a Comment